I’d like to thank Bryan for nominating me in Dear Kitty’s The Real Neat Blog Award.
I feel honored to receive a nomination even if my blog is mostly about my thoughts and personal experiences. I’m not even sure if my blog posts contribute anything to the WordPress community but thanks a bunch, Bryan! I’m not sure if my blog can be considered “neat” but I guess, my theme is neat because it’s white. Hahaha! Whatever, Cara!
So, here are the rules that a nominee should follow:
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
And here are Bryan’s questions for me:
1. Death Penalty. Yes or No?
Yes. Watching the news these days, I realized that there are people who are not afraid of the law anymore. I guess, it’s because of the Philippine’s economic state but I don’t think that it’s an excuse to commit a crime. I do believe that rapists and corrupt officials deserve death penalty. However, I believe that the Philippine constitution should be revised and the lawmakers should also agree with me on this. It will only be worthwhile if the justice system in the Philippines prevail and I hope it’s not too late for that.
2. Do you believe that equality exists?
Equality is a very broad topic to discuss. It can be about gender, age, race, demographic, caste or class, income, language, religion, health or disability, etc. Thanks for Wikipedia for this.
So, I don’t think that equality visibly exists in this world. Why? Because people have different opinions and preferences. We also have different standards for beauty. We have different insecurities that some people find comfort in comparing themselves to others to feel better about themselves.
Also, people have different satisfaction levels that’s why some can’t stand to see other people succeed. There are a lot of people who don’t want others to outshine them and because of that they tend to bully other people and take on crab mentality. What they don’t realize is that it just worsens their reputation because of their judgement.
And I know all of these because one way or another, I’ve been victimized by this society and I’m quite guilty of my own insecurities.
3. If there’s an on-going war, what would be your role?
I’m not sure about wars because honestly I hardly read news articles or stories about it. It may sound stupid, but I think I have to Google it first for me to understand what the roles in an on-going war are.
I guess, since I’m not knowledgeable with that, I’ll consider this question in a general situation.
If you had an argument with someone you tend to portray a certain role in a war. If I’m at fault I usually come off as the defensive one. If I’m the one who was offended, I tend to fight back with what I know and become overly offensive. I’m quite obsessed with expressing how I feel and I don’t stop until the person I’m having problems with drops the topic or surrenders in the argument.
Once again, I’m not sure what I’m saying ’cause I’m not knowledgeable with the meaning of the question and what kind of roles are there in a war. So, these are just my opinions.
In most cases, I’m not into confrontations. And I hate it. I hate it when people who have stronger personalities than me confront me and I can’t defend myself on the spot. so most often than not, I’m the one who surrenders.
4. What is the hardest question you’ve ever encountered?
I think it was question #3 because it’s like answering a test that you’re not prepared for.
5. Do you believe that beauty contests objectify women?
Yes. I also think that beauty contests sets standards for women to become less of themselves. Oftentimes, it makes some people like me feel insecure. It may also be one of the reasons why some people think that being too thin is sexy or having big boobs or big butts, or whatever defines a sexy or a beautiful or a beautiful sexy woman.
I also think that some women tend to have eating disorders because they think that they are less desirable if they gain weight and they have to let it out so that they’ll be thin and acceptable to society. Once again, these are just my opinions. You may agree or disagree but these are questions asked to me and that’s how I see it.
6. Do you think that my blog is really neat?
I think so it’s clean and it’s easy to navigate. It’s categorized by the menus so people who want to know more about you can just go there and check it out. I admire the words that you put on your poems. I like your manga section. I am looking forward to reading more of your poems and Naked Ideation. 🙂
7. Who is your favorite human being? Why?
Why do you ask hard questions??? LOL.
My favorite human being is my mom. We don’t get along well that much but she makes sure that I’m taken care of. We don’t agree with so many things but I ALWAYS appreciate her. And I mean ALWAYS because I’m not vocal about it. I’m not showy when it comes to her but I’m always protective of her. I’d do anything for her as long as I can. 🙂
So, that’s pretty much about it. I hope you liked it. 🙂 .
I’m sorry if I came off as a very defensive bitch in my answers and whatnot but thanks for taking the time in dropping by and reading my thoughts. 🙂
And here are the nominees for The Real Neat Blog Award:
- Bryan – Can you redo this? Can you answer my questions? 🙂
I nominated a lot of people because I think they deserve this award. I hope they can spare some time in answering my questions even if some of their blogs are not exactly about their personal opinions.
Here are the seven questions:
- Your thoughts on RIP OPM: Anne Curtis, Daniel Padilla, Alex Gonzaga, Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Enchong Dee and their gold or platinum awards?
- Your thoughts on the next Filipino president? Who? Why?
- Your thoughts on Philippine FM Radio specifically midnight shows (Language and Theme: Should it be censored?)
- Your thoughts on K-12 Education system?
- A. Your thoughts on #fandoms? Kathniels (KN), One Direction (Directioners?), etc. OR B. Your thoughts on the public transportation system in the Philippines?
- Your thoughts on Right to Speech / Freedom of Speech: Is there a limitation?
- Your thoughts on the role of social media or social networking sites in our society? (Overly trending topics? Too much use of #hashtags? Twitter Wars / instagram Wars / Facebook Wars? Anything else?)